UPDATE, 22 October 2008

David and Chiva are taking a break from the Tour de Dog but are sure to plan another ride in the near future. A sincere thank you to all of you who helped David and Chiva in countless ways. The Tour de Dog would not be possible without your support. THANK YOU!

View a Photo Documentary of Tour de Dog by Jason Houge

Tour de Dog is past states: Washington, Oregon, California, Nevada, Utah, Idaho, Wyoming, Nebraska, Iowa, Illinois, Wisconsin, Michigan, Ontario, and New York.


Wednesday, June 25, 2008

From Salt Lake City

Mom, Al, Virginia, and Chiva at the Mormon Temple.

Lots is going on with the Tour de Dog the last few days, and I wanted to provide a quick update. My mom, brother Allen, and his girlfriend Virginia have made the long trip out from Delaware to visit Chiva and me. Their trip is very timely, and they are giving me their full support.

Salt Lake City residents and good friends Roy and Ann hooked us up with food, shelter, and pool time! They also introduced me to their bicycle mechanic neighbor, Chris, who kindly spent several hours on my bike. If you are in need of a trusty and reliable bicycle shop in SLC, stop by the Bingham Cyclery. Thank you Roy, Ann, and Chris!

I am now in Idaho with my family and will continue to add new posts over the next couple of days.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you and Chiva are being well cared for. Glad your family made it out to visit you!

Virginia V said...

Hi--I am Salt Lake City Chri's mom! I live in Portland and he shared your site with me-- what an incredible thing to do-- Chris was so impressed with you! Good luck on the rest of your journey!
virginia V